Construction management firm seeks two Quality Control Managers for two student housing and academic projects; one at Arizona State University in Phoenix Arizona and one at ASU Poly in Mesa Arizona. The Quality Control Manager will work closely with the Senior Construction Manager and Development team to help oversee the General Contractor and insure their work complies with the project’s construction documents.
The successful candidate will have at least five years’ experience providing quality assurance on student housing/academic projects and will have the following specific experience:
- Reviewing project plans and specifications for completeness of scope;
- Monitoring construction work to ensure compliance with the plans and specifications;
- Preparing daily reports;
- Conduct pre-construction quality control meetings with Contractor/subcontractor and periodic quality control meetings with Project team as necessary.
- Document and catalog construction progress with digital photographs, including documenting “set point” photographs and other relevant project information;
- Monitoring the progress of the work against the project schedule; and
- Tracking contract deliverables.
The candidate must have excellent written and oral communications skills. Computer skills (MS Office, Adobe, Project Management Software) are also required.
- College degree in Construction Management is preferred but not required.
- Must have some construction experience or be enrolled in a construction based educational program.
Salary to be is negotiated based on experience and education