Boston area firm seeks a Change Order/Claims Manager for a large transportation construction project. Responsibilities include:
- Evaluating contractor change order proposals for merit and providing recommendations on whether proposals have merit,
- Developing independent cost estimates for proposals with merit,
- Processing change order proposals in accordance with project procedures;
- Drafting correspondence denying proposed change orders;
- Drafting approved change orders; and
- Evaluating contractor claims and preparing written analyses.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- A college degree in engineering, construction management, or a related field;
- At least ten years’ experience as a Change Order/Claims Manager performing the tasks listed above on construction projects,
- Experience as a Change Order/Claims administrator on at least one construction project of over $500 million,
- Experience working on transportation infrastructure projects, at least one of which will be a Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority project,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Demonstrated success working as a member of project team.
This position is located in the Boston area and offers excellent compensation.