OPM firm seeks a Contract/Change Order Administrator for a large infrastructure project. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting Resident Engineers and other project personnel with contract administration, including identifying and tracking contract deliverables, evaluating designer and contractor contractual issues, and developing appropriate responses (written and verbal);
- Evaluating designer requests for additional services and making recommendations on whether to approve the requests and, if so, for how much;
- Processing requests for additional services in accordance with project procedures;
- Drafting correspondence denying requests for additional services;
- Drafting contract amendments granting additional services;
- Evaluating contractor change order proposals and making recommendations on whether the proposals should be approved, and, if so, recommending the appropriate value;
- Processing change order proposals in accordance with project procedures;
- Drafting correspondence denying proposed change orders;
- Drafting approved change orders; and
- Evaluating contractor claims and preparing written analyses.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
A college degree in engineering, construction management, or a related field;
- At least ten years’ experience as a contract administrator and/or change order administrator performing the tasks listed above;
- Experience as a contract/change order administrator on at least one project of over $500 million;
- Experience working on at least two infrastructure projects;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Demonstrated success working as a member of project team.
This position will be located in Southeast Massachusetts.
The position offers excellent compensation.