OPM firm seeks a Change Order/Claims Manager for a large transportation infrastructure project. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting Resident Engineers and other project personnel with contract administration, including identifying and tracking contract deliverables, evaluating designer and contractor contractual issues, and developing appropriate responses (written and verbal);
- Evaluating contractor change order proposals and making recommendations on whether the proposals should be approved, and, if so, recommending the appropriate value;
- Processing change order proposals in accordance with project procedures;
- Drafting correspondence denying proposed change orders;
- Drafting approved change orders; and
- Evaluating contractor claims and preparing written analyses.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- A college degree in engineering, construction management, or a related field;
- At least ten years’ experience as a Change Order/Claims Manager performing the tasks listed above;
- Experience as a Change Order/Claims administrator on at least one project of over $500 million;
- Experience working on at least two transportation infrastructure projects, at least on of which will be a Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority project;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Demonstrated success working as a member of project team.
This position is located in Southeastern Massachusetts.
The position offers excellent compensation.